- Complete financial/accounting due diligence for private equity and strategic buyers and sellers from a variety of industries, including manufacturing and distribution, technology, retail and hospitality and business services.
- Develop relationships with clients and engage in effective interactions with target company executives.
- Compiling and analyzing historical financial data/financial statements provided by buyer and/or seller as well as conducting interviews with buyer or seller.
- Providing data to allow commenting on the quality of the client or selling company earnings (Quality of Earnings/normalized EBITDA) by highlighting significant business profitability trends and overly aggressive accounting policies.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence.
- Strong current knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, transaction advisory services or mergers and acquisitions.
- Continuously fostering relationships with coworkers (through all services lines of Warren Averett) and clients (both strategic buyers and private equity firms).
- Participating in a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community.
- Traveling 15-20% of the time while upholding Warren Averett’s values and reputation.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- On CPA Track
- Knowledge of basic of software packages. Experience with QuickBooks a plus
- Preferred expert proficiency in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with staff and clients
- Ability to think creatively and nimbly
- Highly motivated