Warren Averett is seeking an IT professional for our internal Information Technology department in Birmingham, AL. The role is to provide a focal point for internal staff for hardware or software support. The ideal candidate will be able to provide excellent client service while receiving and responding to staff inquiries and requests for technical assistance, provides possible solutions, and provides assistance and support to the Manager of Technology Services and other department staff.
- Assists the Manger of Technology Services in an effort to improve support functions to our internal users (e.g. turnaround time, meeting expectations) for the purpose of improving technology support and utilization.
- Maintains strict confidentiality (e.g. passwords and other system security features) for the purpose of ensuring network security.
- Maintains the Information Services helpdesk database (e.g. requests for assistance, process of completion, resolutions) for the purpose of providing documentation of activities and ensuring adequate levels of support are being provided.
- Performs research and continued effort towards education in the area of new technology for the purpose of making recommendations for equipment and software program purchases and upgrades.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. correspondence, reports, forms, brochures, self-help materials) for the purpose of maintaining records, providing assistance, and/or conveying information.
- Processes requests regarding technology hardware or software usage and network account and file server needs from various sources (e.g. e-mail, telephone, in-person, website) for the purpose of providing immediate solutions and/or referring issues to technicians or other available technology resources as necessary.
- Primary support on system deployments of new staff and ongoing existing staff upgrades.
- Provides documentation to the Technology Services Manager regarding requests pending and completed for the purpose of ensuring adequate levels of support are being provided in a timely manner.
- Assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Associate Degree in computer related field or comparable work experience.
- A+ Certification or similar equivalent basic IT skills certification.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Specific knowledge to satisfactorily perform the functions of the role includes extensive knowledge of computers and operating systems particularly Windows 7, Windows 10, the Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Skype for Business, e-mail, internet browsers and working knowledge of Microsoft Active directory; HTML literacy, and remote connectivity.
- Additional abilities to satisfactorily perform the functions of the role include:
- adapting to changing work priorities, maintaining confidentiality, meeting deadlines and schedules, setting priorities, working as part of a team, working with detailed information, working independently, communicating technology concepts to non-technical audience, interacting effectively and collegiality with others, evaluating processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the Organization’s services.
- This is a technical customer service position requiring up to 2 years of user support experience in a large corporate environment preferable.