Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is working to find the right Systems Engineer to join their growing team. This role needs your someone with true engineering experience to design, install, upgrade and automate messaging solutions (IBM MQ). If you have this experience, let’s talk.
· Design, implement, and lead direction in messaging architecture that provides stability, resilience, efficiency, security, and flexibility employing best practices for enterprise applications.
· Serves as central point of contact and as a liaison to software architecture and vendors regarding messaging roadmaps, versions, queuing platforms, maintenance, licensing and upgrades.
· Support Life Cycle Management by providing timely product roadmaps to keep platforms up date, support the emerging development architecture and retire aging systems.
· Improve business continuity and disaster recovery design, planning, and documentation including fault tolerance.
· Evaluates and designs automation to streamline and improve day-to-day maintenance of messaging systems.
· Ensures adherence to Service Level Agreements regarding platform availability.
· Participates in project meetings supporting business objectives which require message queueing deliverables.
· Effectively manages communication between architecture, development, quality testing, administrators, and IT management roadmaps, current issues, open vendor tickets, upcoming maintenance, and platform changes.
· Creates and oversees documentation of system run books, problem resolution steps, and tenant application information.
· Incumbent may be required to work a non-traditional schedule including on-call hours on a rotating basis.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree
· 5 years of relevant experience of true engineering, not administrative work
· Engineering experience in design, build, configuration, and automation of enterprise messaging platforms.
· MQ Integration in one or more: IBM MQ (preferred), AMQ, Rabbit MQ, JMS.
· Implementation of enterprise monitoring to ensure required availability.
· Automation in one or more: Shell scripting, PowerShell, and Python.
· Experience running messaging platforms on Linux and Windows OS.