Warren Averett has a client in Tampa who’s team is growing. More specifically, their accounting department is growing and adding a strong Sr. Accountant to their group. If you have a knack for the more technical side of accounting, call us!
· Preparation of monthly financial statements and distribution of accurate and reliable financial reporting to senior management.
· Heavily involved in month-end accounting close functions to include journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, and balance sheet/expense account analysis.
· Working with intercompany transactions and various technical accounting procedures around fixed assets, trend analysis, account recs, etc.
· Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifies information, researches variances.
· Develops and prepares reports within the NetSuite system, as well as on an ad hoc basis outside of the ERP system.
· Participates in various ad hoc projects and analyses associated with capital purchases, mergers & acquisitions, and the budget process.
· Maintains the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules on the FAS Software System; provides monthly detail for General Journal entries; insures proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
· Aid departmental managers and team members in the review and analysis of operations including other ad-hoc analysis requests.
· Maintain reconciliations, auditing and verifying documents while adhering to confidentiality policies.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
· 4+ years in an accounting role is required.
· Experience in public accounting preferred.
· Experience with NetSuite highly desirable. Sage Pro, or similar Accounting/ERP software required.
· Solid comprehensive understanding of GAAP and internal control compliance.
· Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets, including V-lookup & pivot tables.