Senior Staff Accountant
We’re partnering with a client near the Airport who is looking to hire an experienced Staff Accountant to handle month-end close, income statement review, and payroll processing. If you have 3-4 years of accounting experience and payroll, give us a call!
- Perform the monthly preparation of detail account reconciliations for general ledger accounts and prepare appropriate journal entries.
- Manage the month end close process.
- Perform bank reconciliation.
- Process payroll and human resource accounting and maintain records and files. Ensure that the proper payroll taxes are filed timely.
- Prepare purchase orders for payment of payroll deductions and reconcile to Paycor.
- Maintain and process employee benefit plan accounting.
- Prepare payroll related reports and pull financial documentation as requested.
- Processing checks, credit cards, and cash receipts for deposit and record in general ledger.
- Record membership contributions, fundraising pledges, and other membership database transactions / Assist with reconciling the membership database records with the general ledger accounts.
- Prepare assigned portion of the annual budget and assist with periodic budget reviews.
- Coordinate with CFO to assist with preparing government compliance reports and filings
- Prepare schedules and reports for external auditors and assist auditors as requested.
- Assist in preparing cash disbursements, processing, and maintaining accounts payable records and files, as necessary.
- Assist in preparing customer invoices and billings for underwriting, as necessary, reconciling underwriting agreements and payments for billing and for commissions.
- Assist with opening and distributing incoming mail and process outgoing U.S. mail for the organization, as necessary.
- Assist with ordering and maintaining office and printer/coper supplies for organization, as necessary.
- Assist with maintaining the records for fixed asset purchases, disposals, and depreciation, as necessary.
- Degree in accounting
- At least 3-4 years’ accounting experience
- At least two years’ payroll experience
- High skill level in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus.