Senior Accountant – Tooling & Capital
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To support client’s overall divisional and Finance Department goals and objectives by managing capital and tooling activities to ensure accurate and timely recording of related spending. To support all departments by classifying spend accordingly.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY: The Senior Accountant – Tooling & Capital, as are all members of Finance, is responsible to ensure that the Customer, People, and Investor goals are balanced and met. Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and review of capital and tooling projects along with related spending. Responsible for the recording of Fixed Assets, depreciation schedules and reconciliation of Fixed Assets, Tooling and Other Assets accounts. Will assist with Fixed Asset Physical Inventory and Lease Accounting Standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS:
1) Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
2) Understand and promote company’s philosophies (Company’s Operational Principles, Corporate Constitution and Employee’s Charter).
3) Assist with the capital approval and consolidated accounting processes, including the accurate and timely reporting of monthly and quarterly results.
4) Collaborate with manufacturing, Finance, and Management to make decisions on the appropriate classification of spending.
5) Share in the ownership of lease accounting and reporting responsibilities, which will include analyzing lease contracts and preparing and/or reviewing information for appropriate treatment. Draft position papers as needed.
6) Help establish and/or enhance processes within the capital cycle and monthly reporting of PP&E and leases.
7) Assist in strategic financial planning and other forecasting activities.
8) Responsible for reconciling general ledger account balances for Capital, Fixed Assets, Other Assets and Tooling monthly.
9) Review and analyze accounts associated with capital improvements.
10) Investigate forecast vs. actual spending variances and project budget over-runs.
11) Assist with the completion of internal and external audits and compliance reporting requirements.
12) Responsible for all intercompany tooling month-end journals and assist with month end intercompany balance confirmations.
13) Responsible for maintaining hedges, if any, and supporting Accounting Supervisor on application of hedges to proper projects as needed.
14) Satisfy all Sarbanes-Oxley documented finance process requirements for the position.
15) Responsible for establishing a stable working relationship with other departments and external customers/suppliers.
16) Promote good housekeeping (5S).
17) Perform other duties as required.
SKILL (Ability to do the job)
• Adhere to rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures
• Strong knowledge and ability to learn and apply technical accounting concepts in accordance with US GAAP
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail
• Must have good organizational skills.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Some of the physical demands for this position included sitting for prolonged periods of time and occasional bending and stooping.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS USEDSome of the equipment and tools used are a computer, calculator, telephone, copier/printer, and fax machine.
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Engineering required; MBA in Accounting or Finance preferred.
TECHNICAL TRAINING: Experience with integrated financial/manufacturing software packages.
OTHER: Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and advanced Excel skills required.
WHAT TYPES? Experience in manufacturing working with fixed assets or budgeting systems or equivalent training in relevant fields.
HOW MUCH? Minimum 3-5 years
WHAT ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR ABILITIES WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR THE JOB?
-Leadership development skills
-Ability to manage projects as needed to meet management needs
-Effective written and oral communication skills needed to respond to internal/external customers and for presentation purposes
WHAT AREAS OF TRAINING ARE REQUIRED?
New Hire Orientation, Product and Process Overview, Understanding the Charter, 5S & Visual Management, Business Management System, Company Policies/Procedures, CMS Training
HOW WILL TEAM MEMBER’S JOB PROGRESS BE MONITORED FOR COMPETENCY?
Performance Assessment conducted by Supervisor and/or Department Manager
HOW IS THE POSITION RELEVANT TO ACHIEVING QUALITY OBJECTIVES?
The Senior Accountant-Tooling & Capital assists in measuring and publishing the cost effects of poor quality.
OTHER PERTINANT OR RELEVANT INFORMATION
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.