Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is working to bring a Release Manager to their growing team. If you’ve worked through managing releases and owning the release management lifecycle through development-production-warranty, then we should chat.
· Manages risks and resolves issues that affect scope, schedule, and quality.
· Measures, monitors and reports release statuses to release stakeholders and management.
· Builds and maintains relationships with technology teams involved in the release process.
· Coordinates activities, as required, across Information Technology functions for releases under management.
· Conducts release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and go/no-go reviews for releases under management.
· Coordinates and manages release go-live deployments for releases under management.
· Drives release process improvement initiatives.
· Participates in meetings for releases under management.
· Creates and maintains release process artifacts to include process flows, procedures, and training materials.
· Creates, maintains, and communicates a forward schedule of releases.
· Creates customized approaches for complex, non-standard releases.
· Releases may be a part of a project and the Release Manger will work closely with key project roles to ensure successful project delivery and releases may include in part, or in whole, the introduction of new applications or hardware, or updates to existing applications or hardware.
· Educates team members and release participants on the release process.
· Ensures the release process is aligned to Technology's strategic goals and industry best practice.
· Works closely with all technology departments and teams to improve practices associated with building, deploying, and updating software and hardware.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Minimum – B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related with 3+ years in IT
· Also, would take 5+ years of experience in a Release Manager, Project Manager, Relationship Manager or related technology role.
· Working knowledge of ITIL principles.
· Working knowledge of Dev/Ops practices.
· Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle frameworks.
· May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.(8-5 with nights/weekends sometimes)