Full-time Project Architect to join dynamic, growing business.
Our client is an innovative, passionate, and versatile studio specializing in the creation of engaging and memorable environments, experiences, and brands. Our areas of expertise include signage, experiential graphics, displays, wayfinding, and custom architectural features for a wide variety of industries.
Working under general supervision of a Design Director, the Project Coordinator will work with clients and our design team to ensure all projects stay on track and goals are met. This includes overseeing many simultaneous projects which vary in size and complexity. The position calls for someone with a track record of successfully managing people and tasks within a fast-paced design environment.
- Meeting with clients to help evaluate needs and establish project goals
- Communicate with clients throughout projects and help to manage client expectations
- Collecting and reviewing architectural and structural drawings
- Create project timelines, set priorities and oversee the completion of deliverables to maintain the schedule
- Communicate with other design professionals and contractors to ensure proper coordination
- Construction Administration efforts including overseeing bids, submittal reviews and creating punch lists
- Assist in efforts to create and review contracts
- Internal data collection and analysis to evaluate performance and identify areas for improvement
REQUIRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Building Science, Construction Management or equivalent experience
- Three or more years of recent industry experience in architecture, interior design or signage/graphics
- Previous experience managing projects and teams
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Able to efficiently organize, coordinate, prioritize and complete tasks
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a team as well as clients
- Detail-oriented and can review others’ work for accuracy
- Intermediate MS Office and Excel skills
- Design experience
- Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or CorelDraw
This position is required to work on-site, in office in Birmingham, AL with occasional travel.