Processes applicable documentation for FHA, VA, USDA and Conventional mortgage loan and commercial loan applications and prepares required packages for loan submission to investor or bank loan committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- If applicable, interviews loan applicant(s) to gather specific information relative to credit, employment, and financial history
- Gathers, analyzes and processes necessary documentation from applicant(s), credit bureaus, employers, and various creditors to verify financial information and credit standings
- Reviews, organizes and collates application and loan information to ensure timeliness and accuracy in providing a useable credit file to be submitted to underwriting for approval
- Communicates with applicant(s), underwriters and/or creditors to resolve problems or questions regarding application information
- Assists with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Minimum Education Experience:
High school graduate with at least one year of relevant course study including seminars and workshops combined with at least two to three years of related experience and/or training; general knowledge of loan processing and underwriting fundamentals. Must have knowledge of TRID and be able to prepare LE’s and CD’s. Familiarity with Fairway Independent Mortgage is a strong plus.
Skills and Abilities:
Customer-service oriented with good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization. Ability to elicit, interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to underwriting guidelines and lender requirements. Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented aptitude. General administrative abilities to include typing, filing and use of computer, calculator, copier and facsimile machines.
Some weekend work may be required.
Employer offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, 401(k) profit sharing plan, and more through a cafeteria plan.