The Measurement Analyst is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and adjusting Measurement Data to help ensure accurate volume data for internal and external customers. The Measurement Analyst will perform a variety of critical volume analysis tasks using different applications, tools, and reports to identify possible measurement inaccuracies and critical thinking skills to resolve them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze measurement data for completeness, evaluate trends and historical data, and consider operational circumstances to resolve discrepancies missing data, and inaccuracies
- Analyze and resolve validation and load exceptions in the measurement system work queues.
- Meter Calibration Inspection Reports – Interpret, verify, and resolve discrepancies including determining and implementing appropriate volume adjustments.
- Through repetitive exposure and various training opportunities, become proficient in understanding types of and assigned meters, Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), calculations, etc., used in the volume determination process.
- Troubleshoot missing data activity by becoming proficient in the transfer of data from the RTU to the Measurement System.
- As needed/appropriate, work with Field technicians, L&U Engineers, and Management to make appropriate volume corrections for issues found.
- Resolve all edits, tickets, work queues and missing data prior to monthly close cycle.
- Understand and adhere to the volume adjustment guidelines set forth in the Measurement Department Procedures, Pipeline Tariffs, General Terms & Conditions, Operating Agreements, and Contracts.
- Perform internal and external auditing of physical measured points on company site.
- Analyze custody to check reports before and after 3rd party close and investigate discrepancies outside of defined tolerances.
- Initiate, track and finalize requests for adjustments from third party companies
- Complete and/or assist with new meter requests and setup in the Commercial and the Measurement system.
- Provide queries and reports for special data requests from internal and external sources for measurement related information.
- Prioritize workload to ensure that critical locations, identified by various business groups, are reviewed and completed by the designated time
- Assist in the research and reconciliation of loss and unaccounted for gas on the pipelines.
- Assist with Enhancement projects, system testing, documentation, and training.
- Assist team in the identification, development and implementation of measurement process improvements and make recommendations regarding these improvements.
- Work with Measurement Manager and Supervisor to set goals, initiatives, and timelines
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly duties as assigned by management and/or supervision
- Work with downstream business units and third-party interconnecting companies regarding 3rd Party volume data exchange.
- Provide timely response to volume and compositional data inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with customers.
- Routinely work with team members to provide written documentation for new and/or revised department procedures and processes.
- Share technical and procedural knowledge with team members as required.
- Notify management of immediate and potential problems affecting the quality and timeliness of measurement data.
- Communicate effectively and professionally (written and orally) with team members and internal/external customers.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and high level of performance.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the public.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is preferred, however a combination of education and applicable experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience / specific knowledge:
- Natural Gas Measurement experience preferred but not required for entry level position.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Strong math skills including understanding mathematical equations, formulas, fractions, percentages.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Valid driver license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Strong analytical skills required to spot inaccurate data trends, investigate root cause, and to recommend a short- and long-term resolution plan based on the multiple factors and available options.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to make solid business decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Ability to organize daily activities to ensure timely completion of assigned job responsibilities
- Must be able to set priorities, and spend work time on what is important, eliminating roadblocks and creating efficiencies
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and shift gears quickly, including smooth transition from one activity to another
- Ability to adapt and adjust to change.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and communicate effectively both in person and in remote work environments.