The Marketing Associate provides strategic, advisory and tactical marketing support to the North Alabama region and to selected industry groups. This includes executing on a comprehensive marketing plan. This position also supports assigned Industry groups advising on strategy and executing initiatives. The Marketing Senior /Associate reports to the Firm’s Director of Marketing – Industries.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in executing efforts in marketing trends, industry-leading practices, and digital marketing techniques, emphasizing the following areas:
- Implementing marketing tactics across several functional areas of the marketing mix including: advertising, brand, communications, corporate responsibility, digital and social marketing, events, hospitality, public relations, thought leadership to support marketing strategy;
- Implementing a data-driven, integrated marketing strategy delivering results against strategic priorities that contribute to pipeline and revenue generation, developing relationships and increasing brand awareness;
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Executing leading edge integrated marketing programs and leveraging the latest marketing technologies to create a greater client experience and provide measurable results;
- Understanding how marketing and sales functions/tactics work together to drive sales strategy on accounts.
- Executing marketing strategies and plans that deliver positive results in brand awareness and revenue growth; Lead the pursuit process for large opportunities and oversee proposal development.
- Strategic thinking with a willingness to tactically execute;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels – leadership, peers, subject matter experts, other teams and resources;
- Demonstrating agility in navigating a large organization; strong collaboration skills and adept at overcoming internal barriers and resource constraints to produce successful program(s);
- Quickly grasping the firm's capabilities and offerings and incorporating messaging into marketing programs;
- Writing and communicating effectively, specializing in translating complex concepts into easy to understand and compelling messages;
- Utilizing and applying marketing automation knowledge and client relationship management (CRM) tools to measure the ability to track results of integrated marketing programs and translate information into strategic insights/recommendations;
- Work through the Marketing & Communications team (internal team within the Marketing Division – MARCOM) and local leadership to develop branding and media strategies specific to the region
- With MARCOM’s assistance create, manage, and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns leveraging SEO, social, inbound marketing, email campaigns and events to drive customer acquisition.
- Optimize marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Evaluating potential marketing activities, alignment to marketing strategy, targets and business development opportunities; and,
- Leveraging proven abilities in project management, as well as manage multiple and complex priorities.
- Researching and using analytical skills and ability to pull out relevant data/information and provide synopses for stakeholders;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field is required.
- Minimum of one years of experience in marketing, communications, PR, advertising and/or journalism. Preferably two years experience.
- Prior experience in marketing role within a professional services firm required, accounting industry experience preferred.
- Motivated, self-starter with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills (use of spreadsheets to report data).
- Demonstrated ability to contribute creatively, exercise sound judgment and effectively prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build working relationships and effectively communicate with Firm executives, Members, staff and outside vendors.
- Excellent oral, written, technical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a productive team member.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
HubSpot CRM (preferred)
Adobe applications (Acrobat) (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator preferred)