Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is helping a Tampa client find their Junior Accountant. This role will offer a ton of skill development for someone looking to jump-start their accounting career. If you have an internship or a year or so of experience
- Prepare purchase orders, process & enter invoices for cash disbursements, process payments, and maintain accounts payable records and files.
- Prepare customer invoices/billings and related paperwork & reconciliations, processing and maintaining accounts receivable records and files.
- Review outstanding accounts receivable and work with sales staff to collect outstanding invoices, possibly making phone calls to clients.
- Track and reconcile sales contracts and payments for billing and for commissions.
- Perform daily check deposits, credit card deposits, and customer account updates, and record in general ledger.
- Record financial transactions in the general ledger
- Open and distribute incoming mail and process outgoing U.S. mail for the organization.
- Order and maintain office and printer/copier supplies for organization.
- Prepare detailed accounting reports as needed.
- Assist with preparing the annual budgets and with periodic budget reviews.
- Prepare schedules and reports for external auditors and assist auditors as requested.
- Four-year degree in Accounting
- One year of experience with an internship being considered
- High skill level in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus