Why Work for Warren Averett?
While gaining professional skills that you can carry throughout your career, Warren Averett also helps our employees build the relationships that can take you where you want to go. Not only has Warren Averett ranked on two of Forbes’ Best lists (America’s Best Tax Firms and America’s Best Accounting Firms), but the Firm has also repeatedly been named a Best Place to Work in several of our offices through our local footprint. We strive to hone a strong sense of comradery and to provide a good workplace culture where our interns can grow and thrive professionally and personally. Click here to learn more about why Warren Averett is a great place to work.
- Prepare simple tax returns with minimal supervision, supervise the preparation of simple and moderately complicated income tax returns, and assume primary responsibility in the preparation of complicated tax returns
- Assist team members with other duties as assigned
- Participate with more experienced personnel in coordinating large client engagements, identification of problems, process improvements and computer model analysis and helping clients determine optimal strategies
- Maintain quality client relationships
- Develop skills to attract new clients and market the company’s services and products and facilitate expansion of business with existing clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Possession of CPA or be CPA eligible
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards as defined in literature
- An awareness of current trends in the accounting profession
- The ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and effectively
- Professional appearance in attitude, dress, poise and conduct
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Develop proficiency in use of software utilized by the Firm
- Strong personal time management skills