Database Administrator – St. Petersburg, FL
Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is partnering with a client in Pinellas Country who is looking to hire an administrator proficient with Oracle 19c. If you’ve got the right experience, give us a call!
- Ensure availability, security, and integrity of assigned databases.
- Implement data models and database designs and enables applications with efficient back-end access and processing.
- Facilitate upgrades from 12c/18c databases to 19c version for large size databases
- Manage upgrade process by working with development and testing team and planning logistics
- Resolve database performance, capacity, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Install and configure database management software (DBMS) and applicable service packs and/or patches.
- Develop and implements database maintenance plans, including performing integrity checks, updating statistics and monitoring security and hardware resource utilization.
- Establish regular backups of databases and transaction logs.
- Manage logins and user accounts, including assigning database object permissions and ancillary privileges.
- Schedule and manage jobs for data transfers and sundry procedures and monitors performance and impact on operations.
- Participate in data modeling and database logical and physical design.
- Participate in application development processes and code reviews of database objects.
- Analyze long-term database performance trends to optimize database and application performance.
- Configure database server to work with middleware, web servers and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and Data Warehouse tools.
- Perform acceptance testing on computer systems, applications, and hardware.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree
- 5+ years of experience including relational database programming experience
- Experience in Oracle 12c, 18c, 19c, ASM, ZFS Appliance, database monitoring
- Strong hands-on experience in upgrade from 12c and 18c to 19c
- Experience with the following Oracle products and options: Oracle RDBMS Enterprise Edition, Real Application Clusters (RAC), Replication solutions such as Data Guard and Golden Gate, Exadata and other engineered systems, Multitenant, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Experience with PL/SQL code development and tuning
- Scripting and automation using shell scripting, Perl, Python, etc.