Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is helping a client in East Tampa / Brandon area find a strong Cash Accountant to join their team for a six-month, ongoing project. The role will need someone who is hands on but can bring great ideas to the table with them. This role will start remote, and then move into the office. Let’s chat!
· Ensure cash reconciliation and associated journal entries (i.e. cash clearing and cash for all bank accounts) are properly executed by GAAP, SOX, and internal policies
· Responsible for external and in-house cash accounts stateside across entities as well as some foreign accounts.
· Lead the monthly preparation and maintenance of support of all cash-related balance sheet reconciliations and quarterly cash templates
· Serve as the primary contact for AP Payments Processing and Treasury teams for daily processing activities and non-routine transactions
· Work closely with external auditors for the year-end audit of the cash accounts.
· Handle general accounting for month-end close including the preparation and maintenance of recurring and adjusting entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and various reports.
· Work through quarter-end responsibilities include the preparation of the cash templates.
· Prepare external auditor requests for year-end cash account audits.
· For cash clearing you’ll ensure proper clearing and reconciliation of external and in-house cash accounts in NA and global accounts. Prepare journal entries associated with cash clearing for all bank accounts in accordance with GAAP, SOX, and company policies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required 3+ years of accounting experience Strong working knowledge of financial and accounting concepts and practices
· Strong understanding of GAAP, SOX, and prior cash reconciliation experience
· Advanced Excel skills SAP experience preferred