- Development of CAD drawings on multiple pipeline projects; including site specific crossing drawings, construction typical drawings, pipeline facility layout and mechanical drawings, as-built alignment sheets, property sketches and plats, and permit drawings.
- Coordination with project teams to ensure that all deliverables are completed on time and meet the requirements specified.
- Prioritize tasks and balance workload according to project needs.
- Work on a regular basis with the Geomatics Manager and GIS team to maintain consistency between CAD and GIS deliverables.
- Assist the engineering, environmental, civil survey, permitting, and land groups to ensure that all drafting needs are being met.
- Ensure that all data being used in CAD drawings, matches 100% with the project GIS databases.
- Work with Senior Drafting Technicians/CAD Leads to establish standard operating procedures and perform quality control checks on deliverables to ensure they are created in compliance with the established procedures.
- Occasional travel to other offices as needed for interaction with team members, clients, and project teams.
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- Certification in a related field from an accredited institution, with a minimum of five (5) years of related professional experience.
- Experience working on interstate oil/gas pipeline projects is required.
- Understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D in the context of preparing site specific crossing drawings, construction typical drawings, pipeline facility layout and mechanical drawings, as-built alignment sheets, property sketches and plats, and permit drawings.
- Desire experience in the production of CAD-based as-built alignment sheets using a 3rd party package such as Blue Sky or similar.
- Understanding of how to integrate GIS data in CAD drawings to ensure all drawings are created using the latest approved project data from GIS.
- Basic ability in using ArcGIS 10.x to review, compile, query, and export data for use in CAD drawings.
- Desire proficiency in building terrain models and generating profiles from civil survey and public data sources, preferably in both AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivation to research and recommend new and innovative technologies.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Proficient knowledge of office productivity software including Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Outlook.