- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Manage and mentor individuals in accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Assist with asset audits and internal control reviews, including documentation support to ensure effective financial controls.
- Preparing and consolidating financial statements
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls
- Managing all aspects of the general ledger
- Providing monthly, quarterly and year-end analyses
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Analyzing and reporting cost variances
- Serving as a liaison to external auditors
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all financial statements, including development of processes to achieve results
- Degree in Accounting or related course of study
- 5 – 6+ years related experience in finance and accounting
- Ability to manage and apply a broad range of accounting principles, practices, and procedures