Warren Averett is seeking and experienced Accountant for the Accounting Services division of our Pensacola Office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience managing others in an Accounting department.
- Accomplish accounting requirements by designing and maintaining accounting processes to include:
- Journal entries and general ledger
- Payroll, including reviewing federal and state payroll tax returns
- Supervising bank reconciliations
- Review of month end closing processes, and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices
- Strive to improve financial condition by analyzing financial reports and variances;
- Revising accounting policies and practices and internal control procedures.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years managing others in an accounting department
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must also have 5+ years as a Bookkeeper or Accountant
- Must be proficient in Excel & QuickBooks
- Must have excellent communication skills and be detail-oriented