Accounts Payable Specialist
Our company is currently seeking ?an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our corporate office team! Our corporate office supports the operations of several care facilities, including skilled nursing, assisted and independent living, and home health. The Accounts Payable Specialist completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. We are seeking an experienced candidate who can accurately code invoices to the proper general ledger accounts, effectively communicate with Facility AP Associates and perform month-end close and reconciliations. In addition to a strong knowledge of accounts payable, the ideal candidate will have an overall understanding of accounting principles.
- Code items such as invoices, resident refunds, expense reports, etc. with correct codes to ensure proper entry into our system, American HealthTech (“AHT”).
- Enter invoices, resident refunds, expense reports, etc. into AHT for payment.
- Process weekly check runs in AHT.
- Audit and research any invoices that may have an issue.
- Perform month-end close of accounts payable including reconciling payables.
- Setup and maintain accounts payable vendor files, including W-9 forms.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing Facility AP Associates.
- Receive, research, and resolve a variety of internal and external inquiries regarding payment status.
- File invoices and check copies.
- Special projects and other tasks as needed.
- 1-2 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Suite software skills, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Associate degree or higher in accounting or finance
- Experience with American HealthTech software