Accounts Payable Specialist – Clearwater, FL
Warren Averett Staffing and Recruiting is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable professional to join an established client of ours in Pinellas County.
- Conduct full cycle day to day account payable activities as well as procedures, compliance, establishing, delivering and monitoring service level commitments.
- Ensure that all AP procedures are documented, and that backup is in place for all tasks.
- Coordinate vendor disbursements with the CFO and requesting parties.
- Auditing and processing of vendor invoices, employee expense reports, and Form 1099 reporting.
- Prepares accounts payable journal entries.
- Ensure monthly AP reconciliations are complete and accurate.
- Oversee and perform daily processing of vendor/employee documents; including evaluation of authorization, investigation of past due balances, and accurate payment terms.
- Ensures deliverables are on time and accurate to internal and external customers.
- Minimum 2+ years’ Accounts Payable experience.
- Experience with Process Improvement and Efficiency Initiatives strongly preferred.
- Good problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Good understanding of fundamental internal controls relating to payables and disbursements.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel preferred, basic proficiency required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance a plus.
- Experience with integration of accounting systems and other data sources/software highly valued.