Warren Averett Staffing and Recruiting is seeking an experienced AP Professional for an established company in Birmingham, AL. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in the office for this opportunity.
- Manages and supervises the accounts payable department and staff.
- Handling accounts payable for separate entities and vendors.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Ensures that systems, policies, and procedures adhere to company policies while functioning with accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensures that the accounts payable obligations are met efficiently.
- Oversees all tax-related processes, like the 1099 tax information.
- Oversee the data entry of all payment transactions such as ACH, wires, paper checks and so on.
- Will be in charge of data entry, validation, and processing of various types of invoices including general overhead, subcontractor, and employee travel reimbursements.
- Keeps track of the status of all transactions taking place within the company and external vendors and contractors.
- Be active on the customer service front and be quick and accurate with communication.
- Maintain office supplies for the accounting department.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Five or more years of AP manager experience
- Experience with leadership roles and display problem-solving capabilities.
- Basic computer skills with prior experience working with accounting software and Excel
- Must have substantial AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with employees, superiors, and customers.
- Strong analytical and time management skills.
- Well planned, organized with keen attention to detail