Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is working with a client in Clearwater to help find their next Accounting Manager. This is a direct-hire opportunity that’s open due to growth. You’ll report directly to the CFO. If you are a hands-on Accounting Manager, let’s make that New Years Resolution happen right away and make the leap!
- Manage the day-to-day accounting functions to produce timely and accurate financial statements.
- Eensure that appropriate accounting functions and associated controls are in place and operating effectively to comply with internal control objectives and financial statement audit requirements.
- Perform and oversee the month end close process including performing adjusting and month-end journal entries, reconciliation of bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts, investigation, and resolution of outstanding items.
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations and implement improvements
- Work with external auditors to successfully complete the annual financial audit
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Complete monthly budget to actual analysis, work with and communicate variances, trends to management team
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Participate in M&A processes from diligence through integration as the need arises
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Previous experience in the tech industry is preferred
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP