Accountant – Huntsville, AL
Warren Averett is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant for a Government Contract in North Alabama, This position will help facilitate proper financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. The main responsibility of the Staff Accountant is to assist in assembling and reporting the facts that cumulatively represent the financial position of the company in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years of relevant experience in Government Contract accounting, knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Perform general journal entries and assist with month, quarter, and year end.
- Assist with production of financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to subledgers.
- Account for fixed assets and depreciation.
- Account and amortize prepaid assets and calibration gases.
- Assist in completing Finance department special initiatives.
- Implement and respect internal control procedures.
- Prepare audit selections and workpapers for auditor review.
- Analyze trends for forecasting and budgeting purposes.
- Assist in the creation of presentations and reporting packages.
- Produce ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Compare, review, and analyze income statements and other financial reports.
- Calculate overhead allocations to subsidiary entities and account for all intercompany transactions
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. Master’s degree or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 2 Years’ Accounting experience in a Government Contracting environment is required. Knowledge of FAR is required.
- Knowledge of Ability One (AbilityOne) contracts is a plus.
- Strong MS Excel skills demonstrated on resume (pivot tables and v look up).
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise or Sage Intacct is a plus.
- Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines and follow up on changing daily deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to handle confidential information, access and retrieve data using various business systems, plan and organize effectively.